Gitex Global, the world’s largest tech and consumer electronics event, is set to debut in Europe, specifically in Germany, from May 21 to 23, 2025. This marks the second international edition following Gitex Africa Morocco in May 2023.
The official launch ceremony took place with the presence of Omar Sultan Al Olama, UAE Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence, Digital Economy, and Remote Work Applications. Also, it involved Franziska Giffey, Vice Mayor of Berlin and State Senator for Economic Affairs, Energy, and Enterprises.
Gitex Global, a significant tech show, kicked off its record-breaking 2023 edition in Dubai with immense international enthusiasm over the first three days. The announcement of Gitex Europe 2025 further boosts the global tech community’s expansion into the international market.
They unveiled Gitex Europe 2025 during a signing ceremony at the 43rd Gitex Global. It held at the Dubai World Trade Centre from October 16 to 20, 2023. The event featured 6,000 exhibitors and welcomed over 180,000 attendees from 180 countries.
Organized by KAOUN International, the international affiliate of DWTC, in partnership with Messe Berlin, Gitex Europe will debut from May 21 to 23, 2025.
Expanding tech hub to Europe
GITEX EUROPE marks the second overseas expansion for the GITEX brand, following the introduction of GITEX AFRICA Morocco in May 2023.
- H.E. Al Olama stated that Berlin is a natural partner and twin to Dubai. He also said that the places emphasize the exchange of talent and knowledge between the regions.
- The move to Berlin signifies the momentum initiated by GITEX AFRICA. It aims to establish GITEX Europe as a highly successful tech event on the continent.
- GITEX EUROPE 2025 in Germany responds to the rising global demand for GITEX to expand its engagement and explore new markets. It focuses on digital transformation, talent development, innovation, and public-private partnerships tech investment.
- Mario Tobias, CEO of Messe Berlin, highlighted the significance of GITEX EUROPE, describing it as one of the most important international tech and start-up events. It solely brings Europe’s tech community together in Berlin.
German and Berlin heart of Europe tech hub
- Berlin has been established as a leading global tech hub. It’s because of favorable economic policies attracting innovative companies focused on transformative technologies like AI, blockchain, and quantum computing.
- The city has witnessed a significant influx of tech talent, entrepreneurs, and investors. Further, it fosters a thriving digital-savvy community that is home to 5,600 tech start-ups and scale-ups.
- Berlin stands out as the most popular start-up hub, supported by dynamic accelerators like Berlin Partner. It has also given rise to 25 unicorns, including N26, SumUp, and Auto1 Group.
- It’s worth noting that every second euro of German funding is directed towards a Berlin-based start-up.
- Germany, as a whole, leads in innovation with the highest number of patent applications in Europe. Also, it has Berlin serving as the epicenter of this innovation hub.